Monday

feel the heart beat on your ear drum

first picture i ever took.
well not ever, but the first one i took with a big girl cameral....even though it was nicks.

any who, at the age of 13 (one day after my birthday) my dad handed me his camera and asked me to take a picture of 'the cousins' at my uncles funeral in colorado. a whole generation of nicholsons joyful in the fact that we can all be together despite the sad occasion. at the time, i just enjoyed the pseudo responsibility of being the one holding the camera, but six years later as i watched my grandfather and dad unwrap an enlarged framed version at christmas i have a whole new take on the occasion.

photography is about capturing a moment, freezing time and memories. its a super power really.

and for that reason, i am getting back to the core reason i started this blog by bringing the 'picture a day' challenge back. even if no one observes, i will have a virtual time capsule for this trifecta of a year. last semester at The University of Illinois, a summer in europe, and the beginning of my career/life in chicago.

leh go.

b.
[everything man; talib]


No comments: